- Wide toe box
- Overall fit - true to size
- The shoe laces -the flat laces never come un-tied
- Did I already say the CUSHIONING
- Wide tread pattern does not seem to excessively pick up debris
- Price - about 20-30% less than most of my other shoes
- Wear - when running on the roads the shoes wear faster (see pictures below) it does not seem to effect the cushioning on the roads but go back to the trails and you start to feel the rocks. This is only after excessive wear.
- Other reviews talk about the stability or rolling of the foot on trails. I did not find this as a problem. I did lace through the very top hole to tighten the shoe up a little more because when I first wore them I thought this was an issue. I do not feel that way any more.
- I had one shoe separate where the upper connects to the sole in one small area. (see picture) I do have to say that this pair took the most beating with water, mud, and technical trails. This did not seem to affect the fit. I wore them for quite a while after noticing the tear.
- I have had issues occasionally with the insole on my two older pairs. When I accidently kick a rock/root I have had the insole curl up under my toes. It happened several times and once I had to take the shoe off to fix it. If you don't run technical trails this probably would not happen or if I picked up my feet.
Small separation between upper & sole after lots of wear.
Wear patterns on all three pairs from oldest on left to newest on right.
It's hard to see but the ball of the foot and lower left on heel have the most wear from the way I run.
So now that you have finished reading this go to Fleet Feet, get a pair and hit the trails!!!