Sunday, July 28, 2013

Slow Down

I went for a trail run today on Monte Sano, I have to say sometimes it is nice to slow down and enjoy the scenery.  Even though I run on Monte Sano all the time there are trails I never go on.  I decided to run in Land Trust, the first adventure was to climb in a tree house off Alm's House Trail.  When was the last time you went in a tree house on a run?  Then I ran down Wildflower Trail, I think this was only the second time I have run this trail.  If you have not run Wildflower you need to.  The trail runs along a creek so if it has rained recently it is even better.  Needless to say I found a spot that was a couple feet deep and decided to soak my legs for a few.  Then I decided to walk/run up the creek instead of the trail this lead to finding an old water basin that I have never seen before.  Ok, I do have to admit at the end of my run I saw some mountain bikers leaving the Land Trust parking lot headed up Toll Gate Trail so of course I had to see if I could out run them.  This lead to me discovering a new trail that runs parallel to the road.  I did catch the bikers and ran behind them until they pulled away at the end of the trail when it flattened out.  So the moral of the story is to slow down and be a kid again, go climb the tree house if you can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment