Sunday, March 3, 2013

Control

With the work I do, I constantly have to remind people to focus on what they can control.  This is important to keep in mind because it is so easy to get distracted by the noise that is all around us.  Set goals then focus on the things you can control to help you reach them.  Currently, I have been training for The Gusher Marathon on March 9th.  My primary goal is to set a personal record, yet the past week I have been focusing on the weather as well as the competition.  The reality is none of that matters, I just have to trust my training and go run the best race I can.

I realized I was wasting time on the wrong things this weekend, as I played on the snow covered trails.  People always ask, "why do you run so much" or state that "you're crazy".  The truth is I enjoy being outside and running allows me to see all kinds of things that other people never see.  You don't have to be "crazy" or run as much as I do to see the things Huntsville has to offer.  These pictures were taken less than 1-1/2 miles into a run.



No comments:

Post a Comment